Saturday, September 8, 2007

I'm Back (no vengence)

I have obviously been somewhat lazy with the blog lately, and this time I have no clever excuse like "my power cord to my computer isn't working." Turns out that excuse was never very valid to begin with considering the problem with the power cord would fall most fittingly into the "user error" category rather than the "stupid ass technology never works anymore" category. Ahem, thats all that needs to be said about the issue sans a word to those of you who may experience power failure in the future: try pushing the cord all the way in to your computer before sending it back to the manufacturer.

I think that while I may be the "blogging type" (not to be confused with the "sad and lonely blogging type that writes her thoughts on cat food/lost love/weather patters in central Ohio), I spend so much mental energy typing up daily emails to the boyfriend and the BH/C crowd that by the time I get around to the blog I've already said it all. But when has not having anything to say ever stopped me from jabbering on, really? They didn't give me a Communications degree and then tell me to shut the hell up for nothing! No, I must honor my academic success in the only way possible for the ill-advised Comm major- I must blather on incessantly and pretend that four years of study has done something to make me a reasonable writer, even if all the evidence points to the contrary. And then I must use all my well-honed B.S. skills in my pursuit of an MBA where I still put off writing papers until the day after they are due. Thank YOU Taylor University!

While I have quite a few updates about my work situation, I am leery of posting them here for fear of the Dooce curse. Suffice it to say that thing are...different...now since the change in management and I may be looking for a...different...job soon, depending on how the old "beg for a yearly raise" song and dance pans out in a few months. But I still like my job, and I don't dread waking up on Monday mornings, and my coworkers are lovely. I really can't complain. Oh wait, strike that.

Boyfriend is on his last leg of perma-travel and I expect him home at least by the end of October. I have seen him more than expected lately, and I think we can safely give the relationship a few more months to see where things are going. :) All the travel has been hard on us, but who doesn't just love a few character-building opportunities every now and again? What's a relationship if it isn't riddled with at least one or two spots of contention, right? I mean, trouble free- psh!- who wants that!?! You would have to be delirious to request it. I'm sounding quite mad right now, aren't I? Oh lookie there, now I'm using British slang. I really must stop reading Brit blogs. They fill me with repressed angst that comes off as bad attempts at wit. I should leave that kind of thinking to those slightly-surly experts across the pond.

Moving on...hmmm. Um. Suck a duck, I knew writing that would be a thought killer.

No comments: