Thursday, February 19, 2009

Captain McGumsbleed

I noticed today that my gums are SO SORE. Let me take this time to point out that one does not typically pay much attention to their gum comfort on a day to day basis. In fact, most of the day I could tell something was bothering me, and it took a few hours to realize that the pain was radiating from my mouth which I didn't even think to consider because my mouth is one of my favorite and most reliably pleasureable part of my face. Eating, talking, eating, kissing, drinking and talking and eating. All good things that come along with the mouth. Gum pain...not what I expected. Or at least not what I expected in the next 105 years or so until there was literally nothing else to complain about.

But there I was, old-lady gum pain and all, trying to figure out what was going on. At first I thought I must be pregnant- mainly because that is always my first and worst fear and it has so many damn symptoms that are not only exceedingly common (uh...hunger and food cravings- see: uses of mouth) but also can be explained in a million different ways (like...for example...oh...freaking gum pain).

So, the good news is that unless I'm carrying some kind of tasty pirate baby spawn made of carbs and high fructose corn syrup, I think I may know the reason for my problem. Last week boyfriend and I went to Wal Mart and I succumbed to their low low prices on everyday goods and indulged in a giant box of Captain Crunch with Crunchberries. Which I have been eating in healthy portions daily since. I got thrown off because the roof of my mouth is fine- no shredding or bleeding as is common with the Captian. But I just had another bowl (glutton for punishment?) and noticed that while the pulsating pain in my gums was not unbearable enough to leave even one crunchberry uncrunched, it is clearly irritating my mouth. Mystery solved. When do I get my own Discovery Health show?

No comments: