Thursday, July 5, 2007

Rough Riders, the broadway musical

As usual, things have turned up not as bad as they seemed. I'm happy to announce I've made a full recovery from being a moody, sullen, PMS-y loner, and now I am restored to full health and bright thinking. The reasons for this transformation are not purely hormonal, but I suspect that has a lot to do with it. Ah, the joys of being female.

A few short days after my last post, boyfriend came home from his perma-traveling and we spent 4 days conjoined in one ugly mass of entangled limbs. As sexual as I intended this to sound (ahem...subtlety is not my forte), I should add that the entanglement was the result of me hanging desperately onto him as we hurtled down the highway perched upon his motorcycle. Nothing more relaxing that a three-day motorcycle trip, I always say, with the sooty smudges of kicked up dirt on your face, bug guts pocking your sunglasses, and the noxious perfume of the inside of an oil can circa 1985 permeating every possible permeable surface. Yes, it was lovely.

The trip was actually very fun and it was great to have a mini-adventure with boyfriend after not really seeing him for about a month. Shorty after my embarrassingly dramatic meltdown I realized that my life is good, my friends are real, and my teeny tiny check is still paying the rent. What more could I ask for?

No comments: