Wednesday, April 23, 2008

All Mine and Bigger than a Breadbox

Sound the alarm, alert the troops, fire the missiles...I have officially moved all the way into my new apartment! All the boxes have been unpacked, the clothes are in the closet (er...or on my floor, which makes it really seem like home), the kitchen is organized, and amazingly enough, it all fits just right into 460 square feet of living space.

No, that was not a mistake- my apartment is only slightly larger than the cubic feet on the smallest Uhaul truck.

I love my new place. It is so cozy but still has enough room to stretch out the teeny tiniest bit. Like one leg at a time. My family (sans little sister) is coming to visit tomorrow and I have finally put down all the finishing touches I could muster, though my decorating skills can best be summed up at "remedial." That reminds me- I forgot to get a scented candle at the store to cover up the smell of claustrophobia.

I'm really excited for my family to visit, though I'm not sure where we are all going to sleep. I have enough sleeping surface for everyone, just not enough room to lay those surfaces down at the same time. Maybe we will sleep in shifts? Perhaps someone gets to sleep on the balcony? I could invest in a hammock.

Well, we'll see how it goes. It's time to stop ignoring the $125 worth of groceries (read: junk food) I just bought for the fam that are splayed about my kitchen.

No comments: