Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cookie Monster

Up until 95 seconds ago, I honestly believed my parents fed me cookies swimming in a bowl of milk for breakfast throughout my impressionable formative years. I distinctly remember indulging in delicious overflowing bowls of chocolate Teddy Grahams many a morning before bouncing off to elementary school in a blissful sugary rush.

(Sidenote, it's late. My syntax isn't perfect and I definitely realize that I've technically admitted to eating delicious bowls, but what I meant to say was that the Teddy Grahams in the bowls were delicious. The bowls themselves were only so-so. I'm too lazy to fix the sentence, which is absolutely hypocritical based on the amount of time I've spent explaining my mistake.)

Anyway, I just found this site that proves my parents were not intentionally nutritiously neglectful. Teddy Grahams were marketed as actual cereal in the 90's, which I fully support given that I may still primarily consume them with a spoon. Or a shovel. No wonder half the population has the di-a-bee-dus. I should go ahead and put Wilford Brimley on my speed dial. Wonder if he's on facebook...

2 comments:

Soapie said...

Just saw that you have a blog. I love it!! Loved the most recent post...I just got done eating three McDonald's chocolate chip cookies. I think about and eat cookies way too often!

Unknown said...

DI-A-BEE-TUS! I too love this blog. And Teddy Grahams with or without milk.